If you regularly write your own blog and read other blogs then it’s likely that at some point you’ve stumbled across a vlog, or a video blog. Vlogs are typically short little video clips that show the blogger talking to a camera, explaining something, answering questions, or showing off a new product.
If you’ve been looking for a way to break free from the norm with your blog, then vlogging can help you do just that.
Some of the benefits of vlogging are:
1. It breaks up the type of content on your site. While writing will probably always be the main form of content on your blog, posting a vlog from time to time can help switch things up a bit if you feel things are getting stale.
2. It gives your readers a chance to get to know you a little bit better. Being able to read your content and interact with you on your blog helps form a relationship with you and your readers. And being able to actually hear you speak and watch you talk helps further that bond, as it gives your readers a glimpse into who you are as an individual. It gives a personality to the person that they’ve grown to know and trust through your blog.
3. Sometimes it’s easier to explain things by talking than it is writing. It’s inevitable that at some point you won’t be able to express what you’re thinking or explain something accurately through writing. This is where vlogs come in – talking an idea or a strategy out is sometimes easier than writing it out, which makes vlogging an attractive option when your short on words but not on content.
4. Videos help engage a larger audience. It’s unlikely that the majority of your readers read every single word you write, as most people tend to just scan large chunks of text instead. However playing a 30 second or a minute long video can keep your audience more engaged than a 450 word article can, especially when they’re pressed for time.
5. They’re good for marketing products. Vlogs are perfect for marketing different products because you’re able to explain things about the product in detail while simultaneously showing the product and pointing out different features.
Vlogs are a great way to form a better relationship with your readers, market products and services, and take a break from writing, just to name a few things. If you’ve found yourself in a bit of a blogging lull or you just want to change things up a bit you should consider posting a vlog.
Ken Myers is the founder of www.longhornleads.com/ & has learned over the years the importance of focusing on what the customer is looking for and literally serving it to them. He doesn’t try to create a need, instead he tries to satisfy the existing demand for information on products and services.