Pinterest is a fast growing social networking site which allows the users to share and collect the things they like on the Internet.
Pinterest’s growth in both traffic volume and usage shows that it is an ongoing concern.
Important things to consider before getting started on Pinterest
1. Username: The selection of your username should be your name or whichever brand you want to promote.
2. Profile: Your profile should be complete so that people can get to know about you.
3. Interaction: You have to be interactive with other Pinterest users, like their pins and re-pin their interests to your board.
4. Diversity: You should pin things not only from your website rather you should pin from other sites too.
Opportunities for Brands
- Pinterest is a platform for users to discover new products, talk about the product by liking it (pinning it) and then sharing that participation through the pin. Pinterest followers can either follow an entire board, a pin or a person. Moreover, people can log in with Facebook and twitter accounts due to which any action on Pinterest can be seen by Facebook/twitter’s friends. Therefore this is how the traffic is enhanced about any product.
- Users are also most inspired by the content. Content matters the most on Pinterest to encourage participation about any product.
- Pinterest increases traffic to your site. Every pin has a linkage with its original source. Followers can find where to buy something they may like easily.
- One can improve the visibility on search engine results by joining Pinterest. It has been seen that Google’s algorithm prefers Pinterest most.
How to encourage the participation that could result in traffic and sales from Pinterest
- Get your Name reserved: If you don’t get your brand’s name reserved on Pinterest, it might be taken by someone else. Therefore this is the important initial step which should be taken by the brands.
- Implementation of the “Pin It” Button on your site: For ease of pinning, implement the “Pin It” button on all the product images, videos, and pages.
- Content Marketing: The use of Visual Content proves best for pinning. Moreover, the more the images and videos you have on your site, more are the chances of them being pinned.
- The in-store Pinning Strategy: Another way to increase pinning and ultimately the sales is to encourage the users to take in-store photos and upload them for pinning with inclusion of store location tags. This way people could visit your store to buy the product.
- Use of SEO practices: While you name and describe the pinned images, videos etc., make sure to optimize your pins.
- Share inspiring ideas on your board: Share such ideas on your board that people are inspired to share them further.
Pinterest is an excellent source for generating revenue, sales, and increasing traffic for any brand or product. It is gaining unprecedented heights of triumph through its regular proper usage.
I am John S Lam from Pass Certification .Pass Certification has also contributed in the online expositions and provided the material about the GIAC Certifications. (He Live in Valley Drive Philadelphia, and Blogging from In many Tech Commnunities.)